- Certification Layer: creates write-sets from database state changes, perform certification checks on these write-sets and ensures that the write-sets can be applied to the nodes in the cluster.
- Replication Layer: Manages the entire replication protocol implementation and controls the cluster.
- Group Communication Framework: Provides a plugin architecture based communication system for the various component groups that connect to the Galera Cluster.
- High availability due to multiple masters synchronized together.
- True multi-master – read/write to any node.
- Tightly coupled by synchronization – all nodes maintain same state.
- No data loss – changes are transaction committed as and when they occur without delay. So node failures will not affect data integrity.
- Automatic node provisioning.
- Hot standby – no downtime, since failed nodes are compensated by other nodes.
is an online multi player game provider that has a vast community of gamers and reviewers spread across the globe. Their CityBuilding multi player game has high requirements for solid, robust and scalable computing and data storage facilities. Since the gamers are from different geographic regions, DrawCoin Creative needed highly distributed clusters of computing and data management nodes. Since their community is expanding they were looking for a highly scalable and fast infrastructure to implement.